Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New Post

Like everyone, I've set some new year's resolutions as we embark on 2011. A lot of my resolutions related to good health and happiness, but many more have to do with my real estate business.

BLOG MORE!
Yes, I promise to blog more in the new year. I let the craziness of listing homes, marketing them, negotiating offers etc. take over and it didn't leave much time for writing. No longer! And if you notice my blog has gone quiet, feel free to send me a friendly "Kick in the butt" via email.

LIST MORE!
Last year I had more listings than I ever expected, and almost every single home closed. I worked with a few buyers, but didn't find the experience as satisfying. I'm realizing my true loves and skills are in marketing homes so that's what I will focus on this year.

ASK FOR MORE REFERRALS
Many of my favorite clients last year came from referrals from friends and family. What's more, I think I can confidently say all those "friends of friends" ended up very satisfied and glad they worked with me. So, won't you help me keep this resolution (and build my business!) by referring a friend, neighbor, family member to me?

KEEPING IT COOL and ENJOYABLE
This year, I noticed so many agents get nasty attitudes, stress out their clients and fellow agents unnecessarily, and make the home selling process unpleasant. When it's so not needed! I vow to keep my clients insulated from these crabby agents and continue to keep it positive.

HAVE A SUGGESTION?
Have a suggestion on a good resolution for me? Email me at maryfranceslaganke@howardhanna.com and I will try and feature it on my blog!