Monday, February 8, 2010

What makes a house sell or sit?


I've often wondered what makes a house SELL or SIT? As a Howard Hanna real estate agent, I tour lots of homes each week. Sometimes they sell, sometimes they don't. Usually it's obvious why a home doesn't sell -- priced too high, bad condition, poor marketing, etc. But sometimes it's a mystery. Take this GREAT house on Bainbrook in my neighborhood (no, it's not my listing!). This house has sold in the past with mutliple offers. It shows very well. It's in great condition and professionally decorated. It has fabulous features like a cool sitting room off the master suite, a huge finished basement, and a nice back yard. I really love this house. And it's price well ($399K, a steal for this neighborhood and this house). And yet, there it has sat for 206 days. These are the ones that make you scratch your head...

(BTW, if you want to find out more about this great house, visit my website at www.MaryFrancesLaGanke@HowardHanna.com and search on MLS #3051641. Or just call me at 216-470-6799 for a personal tour!)

No comments:

Post a Comment